Saturday, February 06, 2010

Back on the Blog

A note to my friends out there in the blogosphere:

The two projects that were sucking up my "free" time are now largely complete.

The article I was asked to write for the Anglican Theological Review -- "A New Middle Way: Surviving and Thriving in the Coming Religious Realignment" -- has now been published in the Winter 2010 issue. Those who would like to read the entire issue can purchase it online from the ATR website. Or you can read a just my article on my personal website or church website.

Meanwhile, my recently completed book, entitled Paradoxy (the subtitle keeps changing) has been accepted by Paraclete Press for publication Fall 2010, and will contain a Foreword by Brian McLaren. Watch for it! For more information about Paradoxy, check my personal website.

TTYS!
Ken+


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

Hot tamales, Ken. Did I respond on your Facebook too? I don't recall. But, yes, yes, where our church is (in mnay ways) is not where our young people are. BUT (as a chaplain in an urban hospital) you would not BELIEVE how many deep theological thoughts "my people" think. It's not that they aren't interested in church, community, and all the bells and whistles. It's that we need to seriously consider whether Sunday morning church is really what speaks to that generation.

Gen X, in the streets, wants to discuss and have input into their worship, their education, their theology. They want to question and to claim their beliefs.

And you know? They freakin' love the lectionary, in many cases. I would sometimes bemoan my sermons on weeks when the lectionary was wacky (you know those, right?), and they would get so excited about reading those "lesser known" parts or hearing a new section of the story or responding to the challenge of the misfit. So we have all the right pieces.

We just need to respond in new ways.

St. Nicholas Episcopal Church's Fan Box